MicaSense uses drones and big data to make information more accessible. Our initial focus in the agriculture market enables individual growers and enterprises alike to benefit from timely, accessible, and accurate information about their farms. This information lets them close to loop – minimizing inputs and environmental impact while maximizing crop yields.
We are a tight-knit group of hardware designers, software engineers, and rocket scientists. We are aerial robotics and product development experts. Growers use our sensing platform to turn low-cost drones into personal micro-satellites, gathering data when and where they need it at a fraction of the cost. We create reliable, repeatable data and provide a leaf-scale look at the health of crops today and over time.
Join us! Be a part of a vibrant team, applying your creative problem-solving skills to real-word applications that make a difference.
Don't see the right position listed? Write to us! Tell us about your interests and skills and why you are interested in joining our team. We'd love to hear from you!
All positions are based from our new office at 1300 N Northlake Way in the heart of Fremont! Amazing views of Lake Union, plenty of natural light, and literally steps from the Burke-Gilman Trail!
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Remote Sensing Products and Services - Customer Support
Location: Seattle, WA
The role of the CSR is to be a MicaSense Expert! MicaSense is a Seattle-based company, rapidly expanding to service a growing demand for its state-of-the-art multispectral imaging and data solutions. We strive to provide the highest level of technical support to our customers – responding to and anticipating their needs for an overall positive experience. The CSR will ensure our customers have the tools and support they need from the moment they receive their product. As the first point of contact for all the customer needs, you’ll handle everything ranging from basic hardware questions, more complex integrations into a wide variety of platforms, all the way to our cloud-based data processing and analytics platform. The best part? You’ll have the resources of field experts, scientists, and engineers – all in our office!
• Be the “go to” for all customer support operations
• Open to working flexible hours to support our global customer market
• Work both independently and with a team to resolve support tickets – ensuring response times are minimized, proper information and best practices are shared, and any follow up actions are completed in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot issues related to our product integration with unmanned aircraft systems, mechanical integration, data transfer, and/or connectivity issues
• Work with the Customer Support Manager to create technical articles for customer knowledge base and training programs
We expect you to:
• Have a minimum of 1 year of customer service or technical support; a technical degree is a plus
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Be flexible and have a positive and professional attitude to work well on a team
• Know how to provide clear and understandable technical support for complex applications
• Be a people person, connecting directly with customers on a continuous basis
• Display an ability to troubleshoot and have strong problem solving skills
Location: Seattle, WA
We’re looking for a Marketing Coordinator (MC) to join our team and help further our goals to educate, engage, and support our customers! MicaSense is a Seattle-based company expanding to service a growing demand for its state-of-the-art imaging and data solutions, currently focused on sustainable and precision agriculture applications worldwide. The MC will be the backbone for our customer-facing events and key marketing initiatives, serving an integral role in a growing company. You will work alongside the Marketing and Communication Manager to directly support and implement corporate marketing strategies. Occasional travel will be required for workshops, trade shows, and field events.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter, demonstrate excellent written communications skills, and have a depth of experience with modern data-driven marketing techniques while increasing customer engagement through the use of social media, video, and print marketing materials.
• Assist with product demos at the intersection of high tech drones and precision agriculture
• Create promotional materials and campaigns using our primary communication channels
• Maintain branding guidelines and media packages for distribution to our partners
• Coordinate field events, trade shows, and workshop logistics in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Manager
• Manage marketing database and work alongside the sales team engaging new opportunities
• Design, source, and manage our MicaSense gear for customers, partners, and staff
• Contribute to pre- and post-event email campaigns and follow up
We expect you to have:
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, or other relevant schooling or similar experience
• Ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality work, both in a team setting as well as individually
• Excellent verbal and written skills, including being able to edit according to brand standards
• Strong attention to details, and a desire for streamlining processes
• Flexibility to learn and grow with the team while working in a fast-paced environment
• Assertive and resourceful personality with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knack for integrating creativity and technology
• Proficiency with industry standard software and programs
Benefits and Perks
- Outstanding employee healthcare plan, 100% covered for employees
- Parking options, company subsidized bus/metro passes, bike-to-work incentive programs
- Excellent working environment in Fremont neighborhood, overlooking north side of Lake Union, with easy access to Burke-Gilman trail
- Access to office full kitchen with complimentary espresso, drinks, snacks
- Impromptu NERF gun fights and mini-drone races